At Monash, we believe that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to access and excel at university. Our 访问bwin指导 program aims to improve university access and participation for talented students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
In this program, Year 11 and 12 students from our partner schools are paired with experienced and engaged Monash student mentors to work in a one-on-one mentoring relationship for the final two years of secondary school. Current Monash students are able to develop their skills and give back to the community, while aspiring senior secondary school students receive assistance to transition into higher education.
As a mentor, you will support secondary school students one-on-one and in groups, helping them make informed decisions about their future.
- 可以考虑4000美元 bwin登录导师奖学金 (浏览网站以确定是否符合资格)
- Join our community of high-achieving Monash students
- Develop your leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Meet and network with senior Monash staff, alumni, and community leaders
- Your participation in the program is recorded on your Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement
- Be enrolled throughout 2022 (semester one and two) as a bwin登录 student in Australia
- Achieved 65% average in your Monash studies (current students), or minimum ATAR of 80.00(开始学生)
- Be able to commit to meeting up to 3 mentees at their schools fortnightly
- Be able to commit at least 2 hours of your time per week over the academic year
- Be able to travel independently to schools and Monash campuses to run activities
As a mentee, you will be matched with a current Monash student who will mentor you throughout Year 11 and 12.
- Receive individual mentoring from an experienced Monash student
- Gain support and study tips from someone who has completed VCE
- 成为澳大利亚或新西兰公民, be an Australian permanent resident or hold a Permanent Humanitarian visa, 安全港企业签证, a Temporary Protection visa or a Bridging visa A or E
- Attend an 进入bwin合作学校
- 做家里第一个上大学的人, 收入较低, 成为澳大利亚土著, 或者生活在社会经济水平低的地区
Arnav and Pranav share their experience being in the program.
Ankita and Ali share their experience being in the program.
Tuition fees for this program are waived by the host institution. While on exchange you remain enrolled at Monash and continue to pay fees to bwin登录. Find out more here.
Cost of living
One semester abroad will generally cost you approximately AUD$10,000 – $15,000, however this varies depending on destination and your individual living standards.
Find out about bwin登录 Travel and Placement Scholarships here.
Find out about the Overseas Higher Education Loan Program (OS-HELP) here.
证言:Trinity Woodman和Cheryl Batagol
Trinity Woodman was in her final year studying the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science, Economics and Applied Mathematics when she joined the Betty Amsden AO Alumni Mentoring Program. She wanted a mentor who could support her in deciding what career path would suit her passions and interests when she graduated. 她和谢丽尔·巴塔戈配对, who is the Chair of the Environment Protection Authority for Victoria and was keen to provide a helping hand to others and give back to the community.
Trinity and Cheryl met every few weeks and had an immediate connection. At their first mentoring session, Cheryl helped Trinity formulate three goals for the year:
- To connect with industries and understand their similarities, differences and her interests in each.
- To get a job.
在这个项目, 崔妮蒂和谢丽尔讨论了崔妮蒂的兴趣, 潜在的职业道路, 决策, 工作与生活的平衡, 管理和面试技巧. Cheryl introduced Trinity to her contacts in different industries who were happy to talk to Trinity about their organisation, its values, 文化和她能融入的地方. Cheryl recognised Trinity had strong leadership potential and helped her confidence grow.
"I see Trinity as an outstanding leader though she does not necessarily recognise this. I wanted to her to see that leadership is not a position in an organisation, rather it is achieved through developing capabilities and exercising those capabilities every day in every situation," Cheryl said.
在谢丽尔的帮助下, Trinity successfully secured a position in the Victorian Public Service's Graduate Program, where she will be an analyst in the Department of Treasury and Finance. Trinity sees this as a good fit for her and she is looking forward to her future there.
"I now see work in the perspective of achieving an ultimate purpose rather than as a career path for achieving a salary. 通过提高我的技能, networks, and capabilities I hope to eventually change something big for the better," Trinity said.
Program ContactAccess Monash
T: 9903 1197